(WGN-Cooking with Dean) – If you like producing hen thighs on the grill, we have a trio of recipes you could try for your following cookout.
WGN’s Dean Richards serves them up.
Grilled Teriyaki-Fashion Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 to 2 lbs. hen thighs, bone-in
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 eco-friendly onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. sweet rice wine
- Pat hen thighs with a paper towel to remove surplus dampness.
- Combine all marinade substances in a tiny bowl.
- Merge chicken and marinade elements in a bowl or freezer bag. Marinade for at the very least 2 several hours overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium. Take away hen from marinade and discard any marinade.
- Grill hen thighs 5 to 7 minutes skin aspect down around immediate warmth. Flip and repeat above indirect warmth right until cooked by way of and no pink continues to be, 165 degrees interior temperature.
Grilled Greek-Style Rooster Thighs
- 1.5 to 2 lbs. of hen thighs, bone-in (boneless can be applied)
- 1/2 cup of excess-virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced and zest of 1 of the lemons
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Garnish with new parsley and slice of lemon
- Pat rooster thighs with a paper towel to get rid of extra humidity
- In a medium bowl, whisk alongside one another the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, oregano, parsley, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper
- Put the marinade in a big sealable plastic bag or a massive container.
- Incorporate the rooster thighs and coat very well.
- Seal or go over the chicken thighs and refrigerate for up to 4 hrs or right away.
- When all set to grill, pull chicken out 30 minutes ahead of grilling.
- Preheat the grill to medium-superior heat. Brush oil on the grill to prevent sticking.
- Spot the rooster thighs on the grill skin-facet down for 6 to 8 minutes on direct warmth, flipping and grilling an supplemental 8-10 minutes on oblique grilling right up until interior temperature is 165 levels.
- Take away the hen and allow rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with refreshing parsley and a lemon slice.
BBQ Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 to 2 rooster thighs, bone-in
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. floor black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pat hen thighs with a paper towel to get rid of extra humidity.
- Incorporate the garlic powder, chipotle powder, chili powder, paprika, black pepper and salt into a smaller bowl and mix all the spices alongside one another.
- Pour the spices in excess of the chicken thighs and therapeutic massage the thighs with the spices and be absolutely sure that every hen thigh is lined with spices.
- Permit the chicken thighs sit for at the very least 30 minutes in the spices (lengthier is constantly superior). This will enable get the juices flowing and flavor the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels and make confident there is indirect and direct grilling space on the grill.
- When the chicken is all set, place the rooster on the grill pores and skin-aspect down about direct warmth for 4-5 minutes to crisp up the hen skin.
- Flip the rooster and prepare dinner one more 4-5 minutes on oblique heat. Interior temperature must be 165 levels.
- Baste with BBQ sauce for the previous 5 minutes, flipping when.
- Enable the rooster relaxation for 5 minutes.
To get Dean’s weekly recipes text the word “COOKS” to 97999.